|Task Force Mako|
|Appears in||Medal of Honor: Warfighter|
|Country||United States of America|
|Type||Special Operations Task Force|
|Active||2000's (possibly 2010's)|
Task Force Mako is a team of Tier 1 U.S. Navy SEALs form Navy Special Warfare and Developement Group (DEVGRU, formally SEAL Team 6) under Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC). It consists of a small number of veteran Operators from AFO Neptune who have extensive combat experience working together in a variety of operational theaters. They are led by a Senior Chief with a reputation of near mythical proportions.
They initially start with four members; Mother, Preacher and Voodoo form AFO Neptune as well as Stump, who appears to be Rabbits replacement. After the earlier events of the game with Mother and Preacher part of the OGA TF Blackbird, Mako is left short handed, with just 2 operators. To bring Mako back to stregnth Dingo, Tick, Mako 5 and Mako 7 join the Task Force. Although during Shore Leave at least 8 SEAL's from Mako are seen jumping from the C-17, including Stump.
First half of the game(chronologically):
- Mother, Mako 1 (Team leader, reassigned to TF Blackbird)
- Preacher, Mako 2 (Playable, reassigned to TF Blackbird)
- Voodoo, Mako 3
- Stump, Mako 4
Rest of the game:
Additionally for the last mission:
- LaRue OBR 5.56
- FN SCAR
- DD MK18
- McMillian CS5
- LaRue OBR 7.62
- McMillian TAC-300
- HK 45CT
- MK16 PDW
- HK MG4
- MUSA Robot
- "Mako" could refer to the Isurus shark, as their insignia suggests.
- It seems each member of Mako has a specific number, with Mako 1 always being the team leader.It is unknown if the two other members seen parachuting in Shore Leave are Mako are #6 and #8, although it is probable, it must remain speculation.
- Mako 30 was the call sign for the DEVGRU team inserted atop Takur Ghar mountain in Operation Anaconda in Afghanistan? in 2002. "Task Force Mako" is likely a tribute to this team, which also appears to be the inspiration for AFO Neptune? in Medal of Honor (2010).
- Mako in Shore Leave wear sun glasses which say Kaenon.