|Previous mission||Pistol Pete Showdown|
|Next mission||In Search Of Yamashita's Gold|
|Game||Medal of Honor: Rising Sun|
|Date||March 12, 1943|
Singapore Sling is the sixth mission in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.
- Rendezvous with Tanaka
- Ambush Kandler's Car
- Steal Kandler's Uniform
- Reach Hotel
- Infiltrate the Axis Summit
- Grab the Slide Reel
- Escape from Hotel
- Rescue POWs (3)
- Find Additional Evidence (3)
Make contact with the undercover OSS agent. Find and infiltrate the Axis summit. Stay under cover.
Despite being viewed as the Impregnable Fortress of Malaya, Singapore quickly fell to the Japanese. The beleaguered Allied forces surrendered in February 1942 and Singapore was placed under martial law. Underground resistance remained strong amongst the Chinese, Malay, Indian and British citizens. Prior to the Japanese invasion, Singapore and Malaya were a colony of the British Empire. The British believed an invasion of Singapore would come from the sea, but in 1942 it came from the land. Japanese forces invaded Thailand and made their way down into Malaya and Singapore. After the Fall of Singapore, Singapore fell to the Japanese and in 1945, returned to Great Britain after Japan was defeated in the war.
- Noodles can be found in the streets and in the hotel kitchen to replenish your health.
- The hotel in the final part of the mission is the Raffles Hotel.
- The images shown on the projection screen in the conference room are of the temple and statue from the next mission.
- This is the only level to have German, Russian, American, Japanese and British soldiers.
- The last POW in the house shares the same voice as Major Bromley.
- This is the only level to feature the Welrod.
- This is the final level to use the M1911.
- After the player obtains the slide reel, Bromley will flee from the room as additional soldiers enter. However, none of the soldiers appear to even notice him.
- This is the only mission in the game in which the player uses a disguise in order to infiltrate an enemy occupied area.
- Singapore Chinatown is in this level along with the Jamae Mosque or the Sri Mariamman Temple.
- Strangely, once the player is given the Stem Mark II, they can't switch to their Pistols.
- If the level is played in co-op, Tanaka will not appear until Griffin and Stewart reach the bottom floor of the house, where a car awaits.
- The opening cutscenes is the only time Colonel Michael Floyd has any dialogue in the game.
- The level is named after the cocktail, the Singapore Sling.
- When fighting with the Germans inside the hotel, they will have Nambu pistols rather than Walther P38s. They might've been loaned the Nambu pistols.
- Upon entering the hotel, a rendition of the iconic Nazi theme from previous Medal of Honor games will be triggered.
- Many of the POW captured in Singapore were held at Changi Prison.
- The Singapore Sling cocktail was invented at the bar in the Raffles Hotel sometime in the 1910s.
- Throughout the entire level, Bromley is armed with a Sten Mark II. However, during the ending cutscene, Bromley's Sten Mark II is nowhere to be found and he is instead seen wielding what appears to be an M1 Garand.
- When Bromley storms into the conference from the skylight, he is seen firing two Sten Mark IIs but, there neither of the two weapons appear to have firing animations.
- When examining Bromley as the soldier crashes down from the skylight above the conference room, Bromley merely spawns in front of the soldier without any animation showing how he appeared or defeated the soldier.
- If player walks slowly behind the Japanese officer near the last POW, they appear to be holding an invisible rifle at their hand, even with the pistol at his left hand. An explanation for this occurrence would be that officer was assigned the incorrect coding. As a result, he was given the code that is normally assigned to soldiers armed with rifles instead of the code designed for soldiers with single handheld firearms.
- When Bromley gives his Sten Mk II to the player, the clip is still full, even though Bromley was clearly seen firing it before handing it to the player.
- A POW says he hid a med kit in a book shelf yet there is no book shelf in the area where he is rescued.
- Another POW says he was locked in a cupboard for days yet there is no cupboard in the area where he is rescued.
- The Japanese manager and Commander Shima speak to both Griffin and other German officers in English. In reality, they would be speaking German.
- If the player looks closely, after the slide reel is picked, the images on the screen may still appear.