|Previous mission||Day Of Infamy|
|Next mission||Fall of the Philippines|
|Game||Medal of Honor: Rising Sun|
|Weapons||Mark 17 Twin 50 caliber aircraft mount|
|Place||Battleship Row, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii|
|Date||December 7, 1941|
|Multiplayer map||Battleship Raiders|
Pearl Harbor is the second mission in Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun. It is an on-rails mission in which Griffin is controlling the turret of a PT boat.
- Defend Battleship Row
- Escort USS Nevada
- Shoot Down 20 Planes
- Shoot Down 75 Planes
Defend the US fleet against the second wave of attacking planes. Protect the USS Nevada as she tries to escape the harbor.
While the attack on Pearl Harbor would be counted as one of history's great tactical victories, it would also rank among one of the greatest strategic mistakes. The devastation united a divided nation and forced immediate entry of the US into the war, whose greater size and industrial capacity led inevitably to Japanese defeat. The United States had also entered the war in Europe to and fought against Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy as a result of the Attack on Pearl Harbor.
Silas Whitfield: "Gunny, planes inbound".
Jack Lauton: "Get in that turret now, move it marine!"
Frank Spinelli: "Spinelli here, radios are up. Gunny, the engines will be up in a second."
Jack Lauton: "Gennies are good, engines are good. All right, let's see what this old gal can do. We gotta protect those battlewagons."
Several aircraft attack the boat from behind.
Jack Lauton: "Ah dammit, the Oklahoma's goin' belly-up!"
The ship begins to list to the right. A small tugboat moves in front of the PT boat.
Jack Lauton: "Clear away! Hang on! We're going to starboard."
Silas Whitfield: "Woah!"
The Oklahoma's conning tower nearly crushes the PT boat.
Jack Lauton: "Watch that superstructure!"
Frank Spinelli: "Lord have mercy."
The boat moves into battleship row. Kate aircraft attack it.
Jack Lauton: "We're surrounded by Kates. Watch the tail gunners! Stay on your target Marine!"
Explosions rip through the battleship on the end of the row as the PT boat makes a turnaround.
Jack Lauton: "Watch it! Hang on tight, we're goin' to port!"
Silas Whitfield: "Aye, aye, Gunny."
Frank Spinelli: "That was close!"
Jack Lauton: "Let's go! We've got to get underway before one of those bombs hits us! Zekes! Inbound fighters! Look alive, they're quick."
Frank Spinelli: "She can't take much more."
Jack Lauton: "Zekes! Inbound, fast and low! To the left!"
Frank Spinelli: "Ah nuts, they hit the radio."
Silas Whitfield: "Ah, she's damaged!"
Frank Spinelli: "Pressure in the turret's dropping. All right, Griffin, hold on, we're losing turret pressure. Alright boys, lets get her up and runnin' again. The radio's gone haywire!"
Japanese Pilot: (incomprehensible radio chatter)
Jack Lauton: "Spinelli, fix that thing.
A bomb hits the USS Arizona. The shockwave knocks Griffin's boat into a different direction.
Frank Spinelli: "Holy."
Silas Whitfield: "Oh my God, we've lost the Arizona!"
Frank Spinelli: "God help 'em."
Silas Whitfield: "This can't be happening."
The PT boat maneuvers through the destroyed ships and dead bodies littering the water.
Nevada Captain: "This is Nevada, calling any ships avaialble. We are attempting to sortie seaward. We need an escort, I say again we need an escort."
Jack Lauton: "That's us! All stations stand by. Comin' up to flank speed. Let's get back in this game!"
The Nevada appears ahead. The PT boat swerves around to provide cover for it.
Jack Lauton: "Hold on! Brace yourselves! They've got Vals bearing down on 'em."
Frank Spinelli: "Their comin' at us from everywhere!"
Silas Whitfield: "This isn't looking good!"
Nevada Captain: "We're taking too much damage, we need you to cover our departure!"
Nevada Captain: "Nevada to Peter Two-Zero, we've been ordered to beach so we don't block the exit to the sea. Thank you for the escort, over."
The Nevada successfully escapes.
- The ships present in the level include the USS California, USS Oklahoma, USS Maryland, USS West Virginia, USS Tennessee, USS Arizona, USS Nevada, USS Vestal and USS Neosho.
- When the USS Arizona is destroyed, all planes in the sky suddenly disappear.
- This is the only level where the player cannot refill his health,thus making this level much more difficult for hard mode.
- This is also the only level where no NPCS assist the player, meaning the player is the only one to shoot the planes.
- Silas Whitfield can be seen if one looks behind them in the back of the PT boat. It appears he is handling something below deck.
- The ships in the Battleship Row are not solid models. Thus, planes and bullets will simply fly through them (with the exception of the ones that are intended to crash into the ships).
- In the game, the USS Oklahoma and USS Nevada are shown to have all the turrets armed with triple guns. Historically, turrets 2 and 3 should have duel guns; not triple. In addition, all the turrets on the USS Maryland and USS West Virginia should have duel guns.