|Midnight Raid On Guadalcanal|
|Previous mission||Fall of the Philippines|
|Next mission||Pistol Pete Showdown|
|Game||Medal of Honor: Rising Sun|
|Place||Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands|
|Date||August 7, 1942|
|Multiplayer map||Marauders At Midnight|
Midnight Raid On Guadalcanal is the fourth mission in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.
- Reach Landing Area
- Reach Outpost
- Destroy Ammo Dump
- Secure Depot
- Collect Intelligence Documents (5)
- Destroy Generator
Infiltrate the Japanese jungle compounds. Destroy their supplies and ability to resist the invasion. Secure the airfield.
Guadalcanal, a small island in the Solomon chain, became a critical battlefield for control of the Pacific; Japanese planes based there could cut the Allied supply chain to Australia. A small US force invaded the island under cover of night and faced their enemy for the first time in dense jungle and hostile terrain.
- There is fruit on this level that you can eat to replenish your health.
- The tank near the depot is supposed to attack the player when they have mounted the AA gun, but if they attack it before that, one of the tank's treads will break; rendering it immobile. It will still attack the player however.
- Due to fog and lack of light, it is pretty easy to get lost and circle around the same place in the level.
- In the cave after taking control of the bunker at the landing zone.
- In a cave to the left shortly after the first truck ambush.
- In a cave in the trail before the large field full of foxholes.
- Follow the first cave in the path behind the bunker, it will lead to a path, at the end of the path there is another cave.
- Right before the final gunfight on the ridge.
- A patch of bushes is on the left of the ambushed truck after landing. Opening it up reveals a T-11 LMG, ammunition and a field surgeon pack.
- Upon leaving the outpost, there is an intersection. Follow the northern path to a small crate with a lantern on it. Remove the brush here and you will be rewarded with two T-11 ammunition cans and grenades.
- By following the path to the east when leaving the outpost, you will eventually come to a two story building. At the base of this building are a pile of sandbags blocking a tunnel. Use the entrenching tool to unlock the "Bullet Shield" cheat.
- When you arrive at the outpost specified in your objectives, there will be a crane. Climb the crane and at the very end of the arm, there is a canister. You can proceed to jump down into the truck for a field surgeon kit.
- At the two story building, go to the second level and walk over to the pile of barrels on the edge. Jump down onto the crates and hop across them and back over behind the crates. Jump up onto the floor and receive the final canister.
- It is somewhat odd that G. Novotny is among the allies encountered on the level as he is clearly seen being killed in the beginning of the level, Day of Infamy.
- The Japanese tank faced in the end is a Type 95 Ha-Go.
- The anti-aircraft gun used to destroy the tank at the ammo depot is a Type 96 25mm. The same type of gun can be seen on the aircraft carrier in Supercarrier Sabotage.
- This is the only level in the entire franchise to have a character killed by a form of indigenous life (crocodile) rather than by an enemy soldier.
- This is the first level in the game to feature Japanese soldiers armed with Katanas.
- This is the first level where a weapon that is kept secret can be found and used along with your primary weapons.
- It is possible to keep at least three squad members alive during the rendezvous ambush if the player reacts which enough with killing the bunker gunner and charging enemies.
- With the exception of Gunny, any surviving squad members that follow you after the rendezvous ambush with stop following you at the lone pickup truck at the end of the cave and will remain at that location while the player advances further with Gunny.
- This is the first mission/level in the entire franchise to utilize the ability to use multiple alternate routes in order to complete the mission.
- Davis and Adams do not appear on the raft if the game is played in Co-op, as well as the second squad of American Solders.
- The ending machine gun trench standoff was intended to last until the player manages to kill all advancing enemy Japanese. However, due to a bug in the game's scripting, the standoff could last a mere five or so seconds (regardless of whether you have killed all of the enemies or not).
- In the Prima Strategy Guide for the game, it states that the skeleton key used in this level would unlock Joseph Griffin as a playable character in multiplayer. However, the skeleton key actually unlocks Tarver.