Medals are a feature in most Medal of Honor games. Along with Leaning and Squads, it is one of the few features that is present in more than two games. These are usually rewarded for completing hidden objectives, and sometimes unlock cheats or bonuses which the player can use to their advantage.
Due to a relatively small number of medals during World War Two when compared to today's, most of American medals reappear in many games set in WW2.
Original game of the franchise had very simple demand: Medal was earned when player finished a three-level mission with at least two 3-star ratings, or when finishing a four-level mission with at least two 3-star ratings and at least one 2-star rating. Underground had the same criteria. Criteria for winning 3-star rating was all the same for all levels: Player had to finish level with 95% of enemies killed and 75% of health in moment of ending the level.
List of medals that can be awarded in Medal of Honor:
- Rescue the G-3 Officer: Distinguished Service Medal
- Destroy the Mighty Railgun Greta: Army Commendation Medal
- Scuttle Das Boot U-4901: American Campaign Medal
- Attack the Impenetrable Fort Schmerzen: Legion of Merit
- Sabotage the Rjukan Hydro Plant: Norwegian War Cross
- Capture the Secret German Treasure: Soldier's Medal
- Escape the V2 Rocket Plant: Victory Medal
- Finishing the game with 3 or less medals awarded: Bronze Star
- Finishing the game with 4 to 6 medals awarded: Silver Star
- Winning all of the 7 mission medals in game: Medal of Honor
- Winning all the levels with 3-star rating: DreamWorks Medal of Valor
- Earning Silver Star will replace Bronze Star, and subsequently MoH will replace Silver Star
Main article: Rewards and Medals in Medal of Honor: Rising Sun Edit
In Rising Sun, criteria for earning the medal is much more complicated than in previous games.
In European Assault, medals are very simplistic. Rather than having different real-life medals to be earned, it has bronze, silver, and gold medals for each level, and at the end of a theatre, the player can be rewarded with a medal based on real-life.
Medal of Honor: AirborneEdit
Main article: Airborne rewards and medals.
In Medal of Honor: Airborne, six medals are awarded for completing goals, such as beating the game on hard difficulty, medium, easy, etc. Here is a list of medals awarded:
- Soldiers medal
- Legion of Merit
- WWII Victory Medal.
- Bronze Star.
- Silver Star.
- Distinguished Service Medal.
Medal of Honor (2010) Edit
In the 2010 reboot of Medal of Honor, players are awarded with ribbons for committing certain actions.