Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Medal of Honor series puts the player in the boots of an Allied, now Tier 1, combatant during World War II, with the exception of the most recent games, Medal of Honor (2010) and Medal of Honor: Warfighter, which takes place in modern Afghanistan, and global operations respectively, with weaponry appropriate to the time period. The player fights for the United States (although groups such as the French Resistance have been represented), and the identity of the main character varies between games. The games are often characterized by linear gameplay through recognizable WWII-era areas of conflict, which is sometimes presented in a cinematic tone.
The new Medal of Honor (2010) follows DEVGRU squad Neptune's operations in Afghanistan during opening days of the US invasion. Player assumes the role of 'Rabbit', a Tier 1 operative. Later the player assumes 'Deuce', of AFO Wolfpack, Delta Force unit aided by the 'infamous' Wolves; Dusty, Panther and Vegas in executing certain stealth ops and surveillance missions. Along the story, the player also assume the roles of an U.S. Army Ranger and an Apache chopper gunner during some missions late in the game. The entire game deals with advancement of US forces in Afghan soil and challenges involved in establishing control over the resisting Al-Qaeda militants.
Medal of Honor : Warfighter is played mainly through the percpective of Tom 'Preacher' Walker of the first game, US Navy SEAL operative, who is assigned to newly designated Task Force Mako alongwith Mother and Voodoo. The game follows the Task force Mako's effort to thwart plans of Hassan, an Al-Qaeda operative and Sad' al-din. The player also assumes the role of 'Stump', a Navy SEAL during some missions. Preacher's disturbed relations with his family are also depicted in the story.
The gameplay's original focus on behind-enemy-lines intelligence gathering, or some other type of special missions, placing emphasis on using false papers and silenced pistols, but as the series and the technology has progressed, it has shifted emphasis towards front-line combat, and has now almost completely abandoned the original focus. Since the release of Medal of Honor: Rising Sun the series has focused on providing a more open-ended element to the games, allowing the player to have more options in each level and getting away from one linear path. In the later games in the series, the artificial intelligence (AI) of the enemies and fellow soldiers has been notorious for being below or above current FPS expectations. The violence, up to Medal of Honor: Rising Sun is bloodless and simple, usually consisting of elaborate animations, while the violence in Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault and onward contains the occasional sprays of blood. The newest edition "Medal of Honor" contains realistic figures, surroundings, and effects giving it a modern FPS look.
PC releases Edit
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (Lt. Mike Powell) - (Linux, Windows, Mac OS) - 2002
- Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (Pvt/Pfc/Cpl/Sgt. Thomas Conlin) - (Windows) - 2004
- Medal of Honor: Airborne (Pfc/Cpl. Boyd Travers) - (Windows) - 2007
- Medal of Honor 2010 - 2010
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 2012
Console releases Edit
- Medal of Honor (Lt. Jimmy Patterson) - (PlayStation) - 1999
- Medal of Honor: Underground (Manon Batiste) - (PlayStation) - 2000
- Medal of Honor: Frontline (Lt. Jimmy Patterson) - (PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube) - 2002
- Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (Cpl/Sgt. Joseph Griffin) - (PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube) - 2003
- Medal of Honor: European Assault (Lt. William Holt) - (PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube) - 2005
- Medal of Honor: Vanguard (Cpl/Sgt. Frank Keegan) - (PlayStation 2, Wii) - 2007
- Medal of Honor: Airborne (Pfc/Cpl. Boyd Travers) - (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) - 2007
- Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (Lt. John Berg) - (Wii) - 2007
- Medal of Honor 2010 - (Rabbit, Deuce, Spc. Adams, Cpt. Hawkins) - (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) - 2010
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter - (Preacher, Stump) - (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) - 2012
Portable releases Edit
- Medal of Honor: Underground (Manon Batiste) - (Game Boy Advance) - 2000
- Medal of Honor: Infiltrator (Cpl. Jake Murphy) - (Game Boy Advance) - 2003
- Medal of Honor: Heroes (Lt. Jimmy Patterson, Lt. William Holt, Sgt. John Baker) - (PlayStation Portable) - 2006
- Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (Lt. John Berg) - (PlayStation Portable) - 2007
- Medal of Honor: Fighter Command (Unknown) - (PlayStation 2) - Cancelled/on hiatus as of 2002
- Medal of Honor: Rising Sun 2 (Donnie Griffin) - (Unknown) - Cancelled as of 2006
- Medal of Honor: Heroes 3 (Unknown) - (Unknown) - Cancelled as of 2008