Lighting the Torch is the first mission in Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. The mission is divided into four levels: Rangers Lead The Way, The Rescue Mission, Sabotage the Motorpool and Lighting the Torch. The mission is to rescue a British SAS officer, help him finish his mission and signal the beginning of Operation Torch, the invasion of Vichy French-controlled North Africa.
- Infiltrate the German occupied village.
- Check the door.
- Man the MG42 mounted machine gun.
- Hold off the reinforcements.
- Continue on your mission.
- Find and rescue the SAS Agent.
- Follow the SAS Agent.
- Steal explosives from the fortress.
- Use explosives to escape.
- Use explosives to destroy a Flak88.
- Meet Grillo by the gate and exfiltrate.
- Disable Opel trucks.
- Bomb tanks.
- Bomb munitions cache.
- Exfiltrate the facility.
- Reach the airfield.
- Destroy the aircraft.
- Destroy all communications equipment.
- Make your way to the lighthouse.
- Signal the fleet with the lighthouse beacon.
- Meet up with Major Grillo in the truck and escape.
Most enemies encountered during this mission are armed with rifles, but there are several armed with submachine guns. Note that there are three soldiers armed with Panzerschrecks in the first level, although they cannot be picked up.
- Afrika Corps Trooper
- Afrika Corps Officer