28 June, 1944
You made it on just in time. You'll be starting at the stern, right above the engine room. Go down a level and make your way forward towards the bridge.
Our contact said that the boat launched just minutes after you sneaked onboard. They tought that the whole facility was under attack by the Allies-- you must have caused quite a commotion on the production floor!
Your goal is now to scuttle the ship.
Since we don't want this to be a suicide mission, the OSS has devised a somewhat daring plan that will destroy U-4901 but keep you alive.
Step 1: Radio your coordinates to the HMS Belfast, which is awaiting your signal. You'll only have a few minutes after you transmit for them to get a fix on you.
Step 2: Now with the clock ticking, find the fin controls and set the boat to dive. Then, destroy the controls with a demo charge, locking the sub into a downward trajectory.
Step 3: This is the critical part-- blow the emergency ballast, which will temporarily surface the boat. Scramble up and out through the conning tower before the ballast tanks fill with seawater, plunging U-4901 to the ocean floor.
- Radio Coordinates to HMS Belfast
- Lock Fins to Dive Setting
- Destroy Fin Controls
- Blow Ballast to Surface Boat
- Find Exit Hatch
Radio Coordinates to HMS Belfast
You're in the U-Boat, lieutenant. And you begin right in the thick of things. Immediately to your left is a bathroom. Kill the guard using the latrine. Through the doorway straight ahead, two sentries stand guard. Take them out from a distance. Another will pop into the doorway when you enter the room. Kill him and head into another red corridor. You can snipe the far guard from the doorway. Then drop down the hatch.
Two more soldiers can be eliminated here with the Rifle. There is a box of Grenades in the northeast corner of the room and a First Aid pack in the southeast corner. Then head northwest into the corridor and drop the seven guards stationed in the long passage. At the end of the corridor is another ladder. Use it to ascend into another red room.
Here, you'll encounter three guards. One approaches from the passage to the left. Crouch along the raised platform and blast him. Then, using the ledge for cover, pop up and take out the Germans above. There is a First Aid Pack and some Grenades to be grabbed near the mini-ladder. Going east, you'll encounter two more sailors. In the first door to the left are some Rifle Rounds. The room on the right contains two Medicinal Canteens. The second room on the right houses the radio transmitter. Radio your coordinates to HMS Belfast. The second left room contains a First Aid Kit.
· Lock Fins to Dive Setting
Going east leads to a string of control rooms. There are six guards total camped out in these two rooms, so lock and load. Next to the Steuer Ruder sign in the first room is another blinking red box. Press Action to lock the fins.
Blow Ballast to Surface Boat
In the next room, where it says "Ballast Freigabe," (on the wall near the door) push Action to jettison the ballast, sending the sub to the surface.
· Find Exit Hatch
Go to the short ladder to the east and up. On the far side of a column is the exit hatch. Take the ladder up. Level, over Lt. Patterson. Well done.
- To see the loyalty of the Nazi war machine, climb up the ladder after the extremely long hallway. Kill the officer, and turn to the compartments. Throw a grenade near the middle, and a sailor may come and save his allies by jumping on top of the grenade. Unfortunately, his friends are safely out of the way anyways.
- Despite the briefing stating that you must be quick after you blow the ballast, you can take all the time you wish.
- The man urinating will not drop ammunition until he draws his pistol. However, you mustn't lower your guard until he's dead.
- Despite the environment, the sniper rifle proves useful in taking out prioritized targets at the back of the room.