A Bridge on the River Kwai is the eighth mission Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.
- Rendezvous with Chindits
- Find Bromley
- Sabotage Bridge on River Kwai
- Gain Control of Crane
- Open Fuel Tanks (3)
- Get off the Bridge
- Eliminate 10 Enemies at Blockade
- Disable Barge Dock
Parachute into the Burmese Jungle near the River Kwai. Eliminate enemy defenses along the rail line. Locate and destroy the bridge over the river. Obtain proof of Shima's plan and discover the final destination of the gold.
The Japanese Army used massive amounts of POWs labor to construct critical supply routes throughout Southeast Asia. These rail lines were critical to support and maintain the Japanese troops in these areas; however, they were vulnerable to attack by highly mobile Allied forces operating deep behind enemy lines.
- Graves can be found near the railroad tracks.
- In the middle of the level, the tracks go through a sort of canyon. This may be Hellfire Pass; a real life section where workers had to cut through a large rock.
- There is no real River Kwai. However, there is the Khwae Noi River which, during the war, the Japanese had a railway bridge built over.
- This level may be a reference to the film The Bridge on the River Kwai.
- This is the only level where player can find a wildlife elephant act as they did in normal life in the jungle and the first level in the entire franchise where an elephant is usable as a transport and armed with a machine gun to protect its passenger. The elephant however, cannot be killed regardless a round of machinegun at him.
- When riding the elephant, the enemy focus much of its fires onto the player rather that the elephant.
- This is the only level where crane is usable,however only in cutscene.
- The last two chindits near the blockade cannot be killed as the level's script "called" for those two to survive the game's events, where they must stay to kill anyone that follow from behind.